Serving as Coaxis’ CPA Consultant, Dan Henn provides professional and expert advice to CPA firms in key areas such information technology, industry specific application integration, and support. His insight has proven to be instrumental in aiding CPA firms as they navigate migrating their firm to a secure and fully hosted cloud based solution. To ask Dan a question or to gain additional insight and information, simply fill out the information below.
Dan Henn, CPA is an entrepreneur, tax resolution education speaker, author of the book “No Holds Barred, Candid Talk About Small Business Success In Florida”, tax columnist with the local newspaper “Florida Today” and former host of the “The Financial Truth with Dan Henn, CPA” on 1060AM WMEL radio.
Dan is the owner/shareholder of Daniel Henn, CPA, PA since December 2009. He is actively involved in IRS tax resolution, comprehensive tax planning and preparation of tax returns for corporations, partnerships and individuals. Dan has worked on many issues related to tax consulting, IRS representation, payroll, sales tax and multi-state income taxation. Dan specializes in all areas of real estate taxation (real estate brokers/agents, property managers, real estate investors, mortgage brokers and appraisers) as well as taxation of medical professionals including dentists, chiropractors, orthodontists, optometrists, and veterinarians.
Dan has his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the University of South Florida. He has over 24 years of experience in taxation and business planning. Previous experience includes three years as Supervisory Senior of Tax with KPMG, LLP in St. Petersburg and Orlando, a Big 4 international accounting firm and most recently, six years as a Tax Manager with Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam, CPAs, LLP (large CPA firm in Melbourne, FL).
• Certified Public Accountant, State of Florida (2000),
• Bachelor of Science Business Administration, 1993, University of South Florida
• Masters of Accountancy, Tax Major, 2000, University of South Florida
• Level 1 “Installment Agreements for Tax Professionals” – Aberdeen, MD (October 2015), Marysville, WA (June 2016), Vegas, NV (June 2017)
• Level 1 “Currently Not Collectible for Tax Professionals” – Marysville, WA (June 2016) and Vegas, NV (June 2017)
• Level 2 “Form 941 Basics for tax professionals” – Orlando, FL (May 2017)
• Level 2 “Worker Classification Issues” – Salt Lake City, UT (July 2016) and Orlando, FL (May 2017)
• Level 3 “Liens and Levies” – Austin, TX (June 2017)
• Level 3 “Working with IRS Appeals” – Austin, TX (June 2017)
• Level 3 “Offer-in-Compromise” – Vegas, NV (June 2017) and Austin, TX (June 2017)
• Member of Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Current Regional Representative for Area IV of the FICPA Council (July 2015 – June 2019)
• Past member and Past-Chair of the Accounting Careers and Education Committee of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• 2008-2009 FICPA Outstanding speaker of the year
• 2018 Volunteer of the Year – City of Rockledge
• Current member of Central Life Church
• Former member and deacon of Grace Fellowship of Rockledge
• Current chair of the City of Rockledge Business Development Board
• Former Commissioner of the City of Rockledge Community Redevelopment Agency
• Member of the Rotary Club of Rockledge
• Current Treasurer of the Rockledge Rotary Foundation, Inc. (non-profit)
• Former member and Treasurer of Bridges BTC, Inc. board (non-profit)
• Current Chair and Director of Space Coast Field of Dreams, Inc. board (non-profit)
• Leadership Brevard, Alumni year 2006
• Member of the Bee Liners BNI Chapter (Former Secretary/Treasurer), Merritt Island
• Former Youth Soccer Coach with the Rockledge Soccer Club and Brevard Soccer Alliance
• Past President and past Treasurer of the Brevard County chapter of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Former board member and Past-Treasurer of the Viera-Suntree Little League
• Former member and Past-President of BNI Money Chapter, Melbourne
• Former board member and Past-Treasurer of Harmony Farms, Inc.
• Hometown: Land O’ Lakes, Florida
• Spouse: Christie (married 24+ years)
• Children: Alexa, Brooke, and Annabelle
• Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with family, Church activities, Coaching youth sports (soccer), watching American football (all kinds but especially College and NFL), watching European football (especially the World Cup), woodworking, adult softball, movies, reading, travel in the U.S. and Europe.